Logicity can be used to schedule and automatically execute and e-mail reports to various recipients. Report output can be attached in any format that can be exported by Crystal Reports.
- Open Logicity Solution Builder.
- Click the NEW button. This starts the process of creating a new solution.
- Click the ADD ACTION button. This starts the Logicity Solution Builder Wizard.
- Logicity Solution Builder Wizard
- Display Name Screen - Enter a "Display Name" & click the NEXT button.
- File Name Screen - Click the BROWSE button and find the Crystal Report you want to run. Click the NEXT button.
- Database Info Screen - If there is a database login, enter that information. Click NEXT button to continue.
- Parameters Screen - If there are parameter on this report, check "Specified" and then select the parameters that you want to automatically entered. When ready to continue, click the NEXT button.
- Action Screen - Select E-MAIL from the drop-down screen. Complete all of the e-mail configuration fields, including the "From", "Recipients", "Subject", "Attachment Type", and "Body" fields. Click the NEXT button.
- NOTE: All e-mail addresses should be separated by commas, with no spaces.
- TIP: If you want the display name instead of the e-mail address to show up for the "E-mail From" address, you can do something like the following:
When it arrives through the e-mail client, it will just say it is from 'Reports'.
- Logging Screen - If you want to log user activity, check the "Enable Logging" box and complete the rest of the required information. Click the FINISH button.
- OPTIONAL - If you want to schedule the report to run automatically, click the SCHEDULE button. This will open the Schedule Solution window. Select the frequency from the drop-down list and then select the time and day you want the task to start.
- Click the SAVE button and enter a filename.
- If you did not schedule the report to run automatically, then double click the RRD file in order to run the solution and e-mail the report.