TOPIC: Progress indicator

Progress indicator 21 May 2015 07:47 #1952

• Andyww
I have switched to Logicity from another product owing to issues and it works well.

But one thing I miss is the feedback the other product gave, such as a message stating "exporting" then "completed" when all reports are exported. This has caused a few problems because I have not waited long enough before using the exported files, and have accidentally got the previous days files.

So I now have to wait a "reasonable length of time" after running the RRD file but not really sure how long that needs to be.

Some feedback from the program would be great.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Progress indicator 21 May 2015 12:38 #1954

• mholbrook
Hi Andy,

With Pro you get the option to turn logging on. When the action is finished it will kick out a log file with the time it ran. You do not get the "running" status while it's running, but you will have a log file generated after the run. Thanks!!

Matt

Progress indicator 21 May 2015 14:29 #1956

• AWhewell1984
I often add a task at the end of the RRD file to notify me via email that the file has completed. This is particularly useful when the data exported is used for processes within the company, as it tells them to start doing it.

A simple report template with virtually nothing on it can be used as a placeholder to produce the email.

Thanks,

Andrew

Progress indicator 11 Nov 2015 10:01 #2081

• Andyww
Can I give this a "bump"?

Having used the product for a few months, the lack of any visible feedback when the "Execute" button is clicked is the only negative we have found. What we have to do is make sure we deliberately click the button with a careful click and try to observe that it is actually clicked. A few times we have clicked twice owing to no feedback and this messes things up.

If a progress bar is not possible even some visible confirmation that something is happening is needed.

Suggestion: A progress bar could be an additional benefit of the paid version over the free version.

Progress indicator 11 Nov 2015 14:05 #2082

• aellis
Andyww, we will definitely add this to the feature request list but I wanted to note that there may be a different way to be using Logicity that makes life a little easier for you. As opposed to opening up RRD files in Logicity Solution Builder and clicking the Execute button you can load them with Logicity Desktop and they will do the same thing with a progress bar letting you know what is going on. We intended that Execute button within LSB to be a bit of a tester as opposed to the way tasks are run from day to day.

Progress indicator 11 Nov 2015 17:57 #2083

• Andyww
I didnt know about that feature! That method definitely gives better feedback and we will use that from now on, thanks.