Logicity Desktop Viewer
Upon installation, Logicity will register so as to be able to open RPT files directly by clicking on them. To run a Crystal Report file directly, simply double-click on the RPT file. Logicity Desktop will open and the report will run. The user will be prompted to complete any required parameters or database login information.
The following are buttons that are available on the Logicity Desktop’s quick command toolbar:
- REFRESH – Click this button to refresh the report with current data or different parameters.
- EXPORT – You are presented with a dialog box to name the file, select a location and an available file type.
- ·OPEN AS PDF (Pro Feature) – Allows for 1-click export as a PDF file.
- ·Open as XLS (Pro Feature) – Allows for 1-click export as an XLS file.
- ·SEND AS EMAIL (Pro Feature) – Allows you to send an email with the report attached.
- ·SEND AS HTML EMAIL (Pro Feature) – Allow you to send an HTML email with the report data included in the body of the email.
- CLOSE – Closes the Logicity viewer window.
SAP Crystal Reports Viewer Standard Toolbar
The standard SAP Crystal Reports viewer toolbar is also visible and functional. It contains the following controls:
- Export Report
- Parameter Panel / Group Tree on/off
- Page navigation buttons
The main portion of the screen is dedicated to displaying the report.
Ads (free version)
The free version of Logicity is supported by ads that appear in the right portion of the screen.
Screen Controls (Pro Feature)
The Logicity Desktop screen appears the same for both the free and professional versions. In the Professional version, you have the ability to lock-down or remove buttons from the tool bar or remove the group tree from the Solution Builder. The tools and buttons that are for Professional users only are also activated.
Viewing a Crystal Report
Double Click an RPT file to open Logicity Desktop. Or, open the Logicity Desktop application from the Start Menu. You will first be prompted to navigate to the report. Click open.
If the report contains parameters, or if a database login is required, the user will be prompted for this information. Complete the required information and then click the OK button.
Logicity Desktop will display the Crystal Report on the screen.
The following are some common issues and things to check for:
Check to ensure a 32 bit ODBC has been setup. The 32-bit version of the Odbcad32.exe file is located in the %systemdrive%\Windows\SysWoW64 folder. If you are running this on a 64-bit system, make sure you follow the path above and not do not go to the control panel for this.
Your ODBC data source name must exactly match the data source name saved in the Crystal Report. You will need to have a full version of Crystal Reports to check this in a report.
If you have a report causing issues, check to see if other reports are having this same issue as well. That will tell you if is something specific to the report or to your Logicity set-up.