TOPIC: auto refresh,multiple reports,multiple instances?

auto refresh,multiple reports,multiple instances? 10 Nov 2010 05:43 #693

• MSChad
Hello,

I have three questions that I hope someone can help answer.

1) Can anyone tell me which version (free, trial, Pro) of Logicity has the ability to automatically refresh an open report that is displayed on a monitor so people can view the latest info without having to press a refresh button? Like an airport gate monitor. I definitley need to test this function before I can purchase the pro version.

2) Can any version handle diplaying multiple reports by cylcing through every "x" seconds?

3) can I run multiple instances of Logicity on the same computer? this is just in case question 2 is negative.

I know that DataLink Viewer has these functions but it is not quite as user friendly at times.

Thanks!
Last Edit: 10 Nov 2010 05:46 by MSChad. Reason: wrong subject/title
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:auto refresh,multiple reports,multiple instances? 10 Nov 2010 19:36 #694

• MSChad
I think I posted this in the wrong location. Can a moderator move this to the General section or the Tech section as appropriate? Thank you.

Re:auto refresh,multiple reports,multiple instances? 10 Nov 2010 19:58 #696

• eremington
Hi! I have moved the topic for you. I will see if one of the developers can take a look at your question and get back to you.

Thanks!

Eli Remington - SaberLogic

Re:auto refresh,multiple reports,multiple instances? 10 Nov 2010 20:23 #697

• mattholbrook
Hi,

The free version of Logicity has the same scheduling capabilities as Logicity Pro. You can schedule it to view every minute.

Thanks!
Matt

Re:auto refresh,multiple reports,multiple instances? 11 Nov 2010 00:06 #698

• MSChad
Thank you Matt.

Could you help specifically with how to view a single report that will be continuously displayed on a screen that will automatically refresh itself every 10 seconds without any user intervention like pressing the refresh button. I think it is in the Solution Builder but the manual does not mention any place where I can create an auto refresh function and a time interval.

What I don't want is a new report screen opening up every 10 seconds because that would fill the desktop with reports fast. Unless Logicity automatically closes the other reports?

i have heard that Logicity can do this but I just don't know how. Thanks again if you are able to help me.
Last Edit: 11 Nov 2010 00:23 by MSChad.