TOPIC: Database Login Errors

Database Login Errors 15 Apr 2011 15:50 #781

• Jim
I currently have a report that contains a subreport. Both reports are using different databases. When I am using Logicity Solution Builder it only allows me to use one user name and password for the database info. How can I enter the subreport login info so I can schedule the report?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Database Login Errors 18 Apr 2011 15:39 #782

• aellis
Jim,

That is, unfortunately, one of the biggest current flaws in Logicity. The credentials we specify in Logicity Solution Builder only pass to whatever is the first database connection we encounter on the report and we don't have any way to handle multiple database connections. The only suggestion I have (at least until we make the enhancement on our end to properly handle this) is to look into using some sort of connection that doesn't require database credentials on the scheduling PC. I've had pretty good luck with setting up a File DSN as opposed to System or User DSN and saving the password in the .DSN file (not sure why Windows let's you do it in a file DSN but not the others). If that isn't an option perhaps some sort of Active Directory authentication or something like that.

Hope this at least steers you in the right direction,
Adam
The administrator has disabled public write access.