TOPIC: Scheduling

Scheduling 20 Jul 2012 08:38 #1023

• clarkw
Hi

I've been using logicity for about 3 months and have been scheduling a crystal report with several inbuilt sub reports to run every morning at 7am to a distribution list - it's been working great. However last week it stopped emailing. The progress bar comes up at the correct time, but no emails arrive. There are no error messages.

I have run the report to preview within logicity and it works - although it can take a minute to compile the data.

Please help.

Regards Ed
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Scheduling 20 Jul 2012 12:53 #1024

• aellis
Ed,

Is there any chance that the main report doesn't have any records (but the subreports do)? Logicity 1.6 by default would not distribute via e-mail, save, or print if we didn't detect records on the main report. This causes lots of folks troubles. Logicity 1.7 which is unofficially available right now in the downloads section now gives you the option in Logicity Solution Builder whether to output these reports or not. I'd recommend upgrading if that is an option for you.

-Adam

Re:Scheduling 20 Jul 2012 22:29 #1025

• clarkw
Thanks Adam

That worked a treat.

also thanks for the quick response

Re:Scheduling 08 Feb 2013 17:00 #1280

• Mac
Can anyone help me with my little predicament please?

I have been using logicity for a couple of weeks, and it is scheduling most of my reports perfectly. However, I have one crystal report that needs to be scheduled at least once a day (preferably more) which needs to save the data into an excel file (xls). For all my other reports that do this, i have scheduled a task to run every couple of hours, then update the excel file fine. For this particular report, it starts to run at the scheduled time, and seems to run fine (with no errors) but it doesn't save to excel, i just a get a random Crystal txt file that appears in the location.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as this is driving me insane