TOPIC: Suppress a blank report from being sent

Suppress a blank report from being sent 21 Mar 2016 19:19 #2181

• tfilipovic39
I have reports that are scheduled and don't want to receive them if for example the group count is less than 50, have it suppressed in the crystal report section option, but I get a blank report, how can I set it up so that I don't get the report?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Suppress a blank report from being sent 05 Apr 2016 18:58 #2195

• mholbrook
Hello,

On the email tab in solution builder there is a "suppress if no records" check box. Did you try this? If that is not working the reason would be because you are suppressing the records at the line level rather than in the select expert. So if you have the records with a line level suppress and run the report that appears to be blank it will still say for example 5 records at the bottom for record count in a full version of Crystal Reports. You may want to try a command object or an sql view (if you are using sql) that will know that group count ahead of time in order to exclude using the select expert. Thanks!

Matt

Suppress a blank report from being sent 08 Apr 2016 12:40 #2210

• tfilipovic39
Thanks Matt, yes, did have the Suppress Records options in the Logicity Builder set, but I like your suggestions, made some updates to the report and am in the process of testing, thanks for the reply.