TOPIC: Date Variable When Logged Off Server

Date Variable When Logged Off Server 09 May 2019 22:09 #5366

• caseofthemondays
Not sure why my first post went through.

When my reports are run from Windows Tasks Scheduler and I am not logged in, the file names / email subjects using date variables display %CURRENT_YEAR% %CURRENT_MONTH_NUMBER_LEADING_ZERO% %CURRENT_DAY_NUMBER_LEADING_ZERO% instead of the actual values. If I'm logged in and the RRD is run, the file/emails displays the correct data.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Date Variable When Logged Off Server 09 May 2019 22:14 #5367

• bellis
Hi!

So I think the reason is that the variable replacement is a feature of the pro version of Logicity. Your user, probably has Logicity registered, but did you setup the task schedule as a user other than yourself? The pro registration is stored in the HKey Current User (HKCU) portion of the registry so if the task is executing as another user, they may not show Logicity Pro as being registered.

Thanks!
Brian

Date Variable When Logged Off Server 10 May 2019 01:53 #5370

• caseofthemondays
No I made the task myself and I'm the user running it. It did take a while to get it to work while logged off, I had to move the RRDs off my user drive and use UNC paths instead of mapped drives. Are there any other other reason this would happen?

Date Variable When Logged Off Server 16 May 2019 15:43 #5420

• caseofthemondays
I am the user that set up the task, displays the variable values when logged in and the task runs and doesn't when not logged in. Are there any other reasons it would do this?

Date Variable When Logged Off Server 23 Sep 2019 16:13 #6629

• bellis
You may need to pass the --quiet flag to the executable. The other issue could be if your user account didnt have service login rights.