• Page:

TOPIC: date variable formatting

Re:date variable formatting 23 Apr 2008 01:09 #159

• dwb@connexsoftware.com
Thanks.

Note that installing over the existing program did not update it to the new level. A second attempt offered the remove option which I did and the subsequent install was required to bring me to the new level (1.6.3021.30666).

The new date features now show up now great! HOWEVER (that's a big however) -

When I add date variable to my date range parameter, it only works while within the Logicity Solution Builder with the Execute RRD command. If I save changes and run the RRD on a schedule or reopen it in the Solution Builder, it prompts for the again for the date parameter, essientially forgetting the "Specified" setting and going back to "Prompt User".

I checked the RRD in Notepad and can see that the date variables are indeed in the file, but when it is reopened and I edit or run the RRD - the "Specified" setting is lost. Easily reproduceable.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:date variable formatting 29 Apr 2008 19:26 #164

• mattholbrook
I can connect to your computer remotely if you would like to see if I can further trouble shoot this error. Send me an e-mail and we can go from there. My e-mail address is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Re:date variable formatting 23 Jul 2008 23:55 #228

• mdmedina
Hi, just tried logicity and its great but I want to get variables going so that I can archive the reports I email out. Is that supported in the free version or only in the paid pro single version?

Re:date variable formatting 24 Jul 2008 00:02 #229

• aellis
Thanks - we're glad you like it! Variables are a Pro feature, so you'll need to upgrade to that if you want to use them.

Re:date variable formatting 28 Jan 2009 17:49 #387

• draven422
Is it possible in a future release to have a tool to build custom variables?

I send out daily reports on the previous day data. It would be nice to reflect the reported data in the subject line and file name.

Or, is there something in place to do something like (%CURRENT_DATE% -1)?

Thanks!

Re:date variable formatting 04 Mar 2009 13:06 #401

• superturbo
draven422 wrote:
Is it possible in a future release to have a tool to build custom variables?

I send out daily reports on the previous day data. It would be nice to reflect the reported data in the subject line and file name.

Or, is there something in place to do something like (%CURRENT_DATE% -1)?

Thanks!

Something like that feature would be great to have in logicity. I've seen such features in other Crystal report viewers...

Also, it would be great if the Currend_day, Current_year and Current_month variables could be used for calculation in a similar way as mentioned above.

For many of our reports I have to be able to enter a date range for a whole month (usually the last month). And it's currently not possible in the current verision of logicity. :(
  • Page: