TOPIC: command line parameters

command line parameters 23 May 2013 08:10 #1367

• jacktk
Hi
Sorry just posted and managed to resolve that as had moved the file to a different folder and that one works with the one parameter but with every test I have tried with the real report, I want I keep getting the message "the types of parameter field and parameter field current values are not compatible".

This is what is set in my batch file:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\SaberLogic\Logicity\Logicity Desktop.exe" "C:\Users\jk\Documents\Customers\argus\departmentalreports.rrd" YTDFROM=326639,PERIODFROM=326639,PERIODTO=333960 BUDGETPERIOD=1

and I have put eg. %YTDFROM% in the specified parameters in the report. It works fine if I specify the parameters manually.
Please help.
Jackie
The administrator has disabled public write access.

command line parameters 23 May 2013 08:29 #1368

• jacktk
Hi
Found the solution to my own problem, I need to put ; in to separate the parameters!! Shame this isnt detailed in the topic about command line parameters...
Jackie

command line parameters 29 May 2013 08:18 #1370

• PagetTripplehorn
Yeah a semicolon is required to separate the parameters and it is not even mentioned. I figured it out myself after much a series of trial and error. Well the programming guys must have figured it out, still in the common terms it remains a mystery. :whistle: Learning Center
Last Edit: 30 May 2013 14:14 by PagetTripplehorn.