TOPIC: Scheduler data resets upon clicking

Scheduler data resets upon clicking 24 Dec 2013 20:12 #1499

• NNNY
Hello,

Currently, each time you click on the "Schedule" button in the Solution Builder window, the schedule window opens up but whatever schedule was previously assigned to that specific RRD is gone, and it requires a re-entry of all schedule elements.

Is there any way to have the schedule window default to the current schedule and have the user update if needed?

I found, that when dealing with multiple RRD files that are time sensitive, it is hard to keep track of the schedule and sometimes I just need to verify the existing schedule, as oppose to creating a new one...

Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Scheduler data resets upon clicking 26 Dec 2013 14:11 #1500

• aellis
This isn't ideal by any means and long term we hope to change the way this works - but for right now the only way to edit a schedule after you have submitted it is within Windows Task Scheduler. We essentially use a 3rd party DLL to write an entry into the Windows Task Scheduler for your RRD file but after it gets saved we no longer have a reference to it. So think of the 'Schedule' button any time you want to add a new RRD to a schedule but go into your Windows Task Scheduler library any time you want to tweak existing schedules.
The following user(s) said Thank You: NNNY

Scheduler data resets upon clicking 26 Dec 2013 14:28 #1501

• NNNY
Thanks for the explanation.
No worries, it makes sense....As long as I know the schedule doesn't change each time I open an RRD (unless clicking "schedule"), I can look for it i the Task Scheduler in Windows.
Thanks again, and have a great Holiday season.