TOPIC: Failure Sending Email (emailCrystalRepot)

Failure Sending Email (emailCrystalRepot) 17 Mar 2008 22:53 #131

• Mary
When trying to email a report, regardless of format, I get the error specified in the subject. The report has records in it and I've confirmed my email settings with the network guys. The report views, prints and saves successfully. Any suggestions on how to address/troubleshoot this issue?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Failure Sending Email (emailCrystalRepot) 15 Dec 2008 10:02 #357

• asr899
Could anyone please help on this issue - Failure Sending Email (email Crystal Report). I can't send the email.
i can view, export, print.

Please help urgently.

Thx.

Robinson

Re:Failure Sending Email (emailCrystalRepot) 15 Dec 2008 13:13 #358

• aellis
Robinson,

I think the first thing I'd suggest to troubleshoot is to try e-mailing a *very* simple Crystal Report (see attached) and see whether it e-mails correctly or not. That will tell us whether the problem with with the Crystal Report (i.e. if there are no records on the main report or you have parameters that need to be filled in) or your e-mail server settings. See attached for a Crystal Report I threw together that simply outputs the files at the root of your C: drive. First attempt to view it just to make sure that works. Then, try e-mailing it and verify that it comes out correctly.

Thanks,
Adam

Attachment Simple_Report.zip not found

Attachments:
Last Edit: 15 Dec 2008 13:14 by aellis.

Re:Failure Sending Email (emailCrystalRepot) 20 May 2009 20:22 #438

• Fiona
I'm having the exact same problem. This is my first time trying to schedule a report and view works fine.

I tried it with your simple, sample report and still the same error message.

I have also verified my settings with IT.

Fiona

Failure Sending Email (emailCrystalRepot) 12 Oct 2012 10:48 #1184

• effinty
Hi Everyone,
I've just joined this forum today and this topic is of interest but I see it is quite old. When I e-mail a report I get the same error message that other people posting have got but ... the report e-mails with no apparent problem anyway!

Has anyone else got this apparently spurious error message when the e-mail works?

I attach a pic of the error message in question. (Using version 1.7.0)

Regards

Andrew
Attachments:

Failure Sending Email (emailCrystalRepot) 12 Oct 2012 12:39 #1186

• aellis
Andrew,

Thanks for the screenshot. That is actually one I've not seen before. That particular function (any time you see emailCrystalReport in parenthesis at the end of the error message) is mostly just a pass-through of the error message that the e-mail server gives back to us. Could you provide some details about your e-mail server configuration?

-Adam

Failure Sending Email (emailCrystalRepot) 12 Oct 2012 15:36 #1187

• effinty
Hi Adam,
The SMTP server is set to the same as my Outlook. Port number 25 seems to have been picked by default. The message pops up whether the report runs as a scheduled event or is manually executed. If I open the Solution Builder and manually tell it to Execute the RRD it does e-mails the report then gives the error message without the Solution Builder crashing.

I can certainly live with this message. It doesn't spoil in any way a very useful program.

Kind regards

Andrew

Failure Sending Email (emailCrystalRepot) 15 Oct 2012 13:46 #1188

• aellis
The next thing I would rule out is your SMTP server not accepting the communications from Logicity. Can you try following this guide here to telnet to the SMTP server and see if you discover anything:

support.microsoft.com/kb/153119