TOPIC: Scheduled RRD not picking up registry amendments

Scheduled RRD not picking up registry amendments 24 Nov 2014 18:07 #1734

• AWhewell2
Hi,

I have a report template that uses an ODBC driver to a progress database. Initially it wouldn't run, due to a Left Outer Join that wasn't picking up properly in the table linking (something about the fact it thinks "=" means ">="). I managed to edit the registry for it to recognise the syntax correctly and now the report works fine through Crystal.

When attempting to add this report template to an RRD file to run, it comes up with the syntax error and an error code of -20003 (not the same as previously through Crystal actually, but equally frustrating). Screenshot of the error is attached.

It appears to be linked to the initial problem but hasn't been fixed with the reg edits... is this because Logicity doesn't reference the registry files for Crystal when running the report? Should I be replicating the fix somewhere else?

Any help would be very greatly appreciated as this has put a stall on my current project and I'm left in a manual update position on an hourly basis, which really isn't an enjoyable thing to be doing!

Thanks,

Andrew Whewell
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Scheduled RRD not picking up registry amendments 24 Nov 2014 18:10 #1735

• bellis
It probably requires the same registry update, but in the correct registry hive location for the version of the Crystal Runtime used with Logicity versus the installed full version of the client. Each version changes.

Thanks!
Brian

Scheduled RRD not picking up registry amendments 25 Nov 2014 10:54 #1736

• AWhewell2
Hi,

thanks for coming back so promptly.

I've attempted to amend a few of the registry entries, but at a loss to identify where the runtimes are for Crystal. I've tried the Business Objects one, for Suite 12.0; SAP BusinessObjects for Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0 as well as the one we originally changed for Crystal Decisions 10.0 (which solved the problem with running the report in Crystal itself).

Any clue as to where we should be looking for where Logicity is picking up the settings from?

Thanks,

Andrew