TOPIC: Database Connector Error: '[Database Vendor Code:

Database Connector Error: '[Database Vendor Code: 26 Mar 2015 14:56 #1894

• mestrada
Hello,

I am getting an error when running scheduled reports that are set to send out an e-mail. I get this error:

Database Connector Error: '[Database Vendor Code: 1205 ]'
Failed to export the report.
Error in file Reportname {8789D637-AAAF-41A2-A50B-E44F2A803F2B}.rpt:
Database Connector Error (emailCrystalReport)

This looks to be a general issue, but I am unsure of what might be causing it. The problem is that when this occurs, the reports scheduled after will not run. I am in need of determining how to resolve this issue or allow for reports to continue to run if this error occurs.

Can anyone assist me with this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Database Connector Error: '[Database Vendor Code: 26 Mar 2015 15:04 #1897

• AWhewell2
I'm assuming you're using an SQL database here... a quick Google has found this as the explanation for that error code:

This error occurs when Microsoft® SQL Server™ encounters a deadlock. A deadlock occurs when two (or more) processes attempt to access a resource that the other process holds a lock on. Because each process has a request for another resource, neither process can be completed. When a deadlock is detected, SQL Server rolls back the command that has the least processing time and returns error message 1205 to the client application. This error is not fatal and may not cause the batch to be terminated.

technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa258770%28v=sql.80%29.aspx

Essentially the table you're referencing in your report is already locked by another report/process and so it cannot send the query. You may be able to find a solution on that link.

Thanks,

Andrew
The administrator has disabled public write access.