TOPIC: Suppressed detail rows showing on exported report

Suppressed detail rows showing on exported report 03 Nov 2015 06:28 #2072

• Bryce
I have a pretty simple report. One group header, a detail row and group footer with some running totals in it. I've hidden the group header and detail sections. If I preview this in Crystal Reports itself it looks as I'd expect. You only see the group footer info with the running totals. I can export it from there to a .csv file with no problem.

But when I run the file through the RRD and have it dump to a .csv file group footer totals are repeated as many times as there were detail rows.

Has anyone seen anything like this or point me in a direction? Running version 1.8 Pro.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Suppressed detail rows showing on exported report 03 Nov 2015 13:58 #2073

• KCrane
Hi Bryce,

Unfortunately the Crystal Report Runtimes used by Logicity are not as robust as the Crystal Report application.

Please try changing the layout of the report to simulate as if it was comma separated and then export as a TXT and change the file extension to CSV. The TXT export via the Crystal Report Runtimes seems to handle this better.

Keith

Suppressed detail rows showing on exported report 05 Nov 2015 02:01 #2079

• Bryce
Thanks Keith. I didn't mention it in my original post but as you had suggested I was already exporting this as a text file but naming it with a .csv extension.

I was able get around this by changing the tables I used in my report. So there was no grouping and suppressed sections.

Bryce

Suppressed detail rows showing on exported report 26 Apr 2017 17:57 #2537

• Bryce
Back with the same issue. My previous solution no longer works. As the report I'm using needs to be updated to include additional tables. So I now have to figure out a solution for my original problem.

What I've found is that if I have Logicity save the file locally as a .csv I have no problems. I'm only seeing the group totals of the report.

But if I have Logicity email the .csv then the detail records appear in the file that is emailed.

Is there any way to have Logicity first save the file locally as a .csv file then email that file as a second step?

Bryce

Suppressed detail rows showing on exported report 26 Apr 2017 19:36 #2538

• mholbrook
Hello,

If you are using pro you can navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\SaberLogic\Logicity\Formats.xml
If you open this from a text editor you can modify the file. It has the options you would see in CR.

<ExportOptions>
<CharacterSeparatedValues>
<ExportMode>0</ExportMode>
<!-- -1=Legacy, 0=Standard -->
<Delimiter/>
<SeparatorText>,</SeparatorText>
<ReportSectionsOption>1</ReportSectionsOption>
<!-- 0=Export, 1=ExportIsolated, 2=DoNotExport -->
<GroupSectionsOption>0</GroupSectionsOption>
<!-- 0=Export, 1=ExportIsolated, 2=DoNotExport -->
</CharacterSeparatedValues>