TOPIC: issues with PDF Password protection in RRD File

issues with PDF Password protection in RRD File 13 Mar 2017 18:59 #2523

• Drew.Tittle
Hello,

I have a report I have scheduled that I want to show up as a password protected PDF file. I'm able to get this working if I fill out the action page in Solution Builder with the check box for encryption and enter the password and save. But if I have to make changes to the job such as adjusting the addresses in the to fields and save the RRD file, future scheduled or manual runs of that job are NOT generating a password protected pdf.

If I open the RRD file again and uncheck the box for password protection, save the RRD file, then check the box and enter the password and save the RRD file again it will respect the password protection checkbox.

I have looked at the text in the RRD file after making a change on the Action tab and I can see the PDF password in the file even though the attachment isn't coming across password protected.

Is this expected behavior? Are you able to reproduce this issue? I just need to be sure the reports are being password protected without having to send them to myself to verify.
The administrator has disabled public write access.