TOPIC: subreport

subreport 15 Dec 2008 05:05 #356

• GERALDINE
Hi,

Logicity solution builder works well with my Crystal XI reports. I use "database information" to avoid users type database user and password. But, when I use subreports in my reports, it doesn't work, Logicity asks for a database login. And, even when I enter the login ID & the password, it doesn't work.

Thanks for helping me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:subreport 15 Dec 2008 13:19 #359

• aellis
Hello,

The current version (unfortunately) only supports a single data source for the entire Crystal Report so if you are using one connection on your main report and another for your subreport you will get that second prompt. If you thinking you are using the same data source for both sections of the report, try doing a Set Location on the main report connection, all of the tables, the subreport connection, and all of it's tables. If you do need both connections, the only workaround that works for some folks is to try to find a way to connect to the database without providing credentials. For example:

- With SQL Server, use Active Directory authentication to the server.
- If you are connecting via ODBC, try using a File DSN where you can specify the password in the DSN (you usually need to edit the .DSN file to do this).

Hope this helps but it may just be a limitation with Logicity,
Adam

Re:subreport 15 Dec 2008 23:39 #360

• GERALDINE
Hi,

The main report and the subreport do use the same data source but I was using an Oracle server connexion. I've changed for an ODBC (RDO) link (with DNS authentification) and it works well!

Many thanks for your help.