• Page:

TOPIC: RRD File not finding column in table

Re:RRD File not finding column in table 28 Jul 2009 14:47 #485

• dstoller
Adam --

1. - Correct - view and then manual saving, printing, e-mailing works fine.

2. - Correct.

3. - Correct.

4. - All reports with any parameter fail. Reports without parameters run with success. The erroe is column not found.

5. - AS400 DB2 / client access ODBC driver / version 8.5.

It seems that my experience is similar to that of user "Axminster." We purchased and are using the professional version of Logicity.

Thanks for your help,
Dale
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:RRD File not finding column in table 28 Jul 2009 16:58 #486

• aellis
Dale,

Would you happen to have access to Crystal Reports 2008 (or anything Crystal Report 9.0 or higher)? They made some pretty significant changes to the way parameters and queries are built starting in Crystal Reports 9.0 and, while most users have no problems at all with backwards compatibility, this lingers in my mind as the most likely suspect for the issues here. Why it would work with viewing is puzzling, though. Unfortunately I don't have access to an AS400 to test this against with Visual Studio. You don't know of any sort of hosted AS400 I could connect to (maybe via VPN) to try to replicate the issue do you?

Thanks,
Adam

Re:RRD File not finding column in table 28 Jul 2009 17:05 #487

• dstoller
Adam --

I do not have access to any other versions of Crystal. We are trying to stay with 8.5 for now. As for AS400, I cannot unfortunately cannot let you onto our box.

As to the original question, the previous post discussed the same issue I am having with no solution posted. Do you know the outcome of that discussion with Matt? It may help in my case.

thanks,
Dale

Re:RRD File not finding column in table 28 Jul 2009 17:29 #488

• aellis
Understood - I've asked Matt to post a reply here and we'll see what happened with the original poster. My guess is that we never heard back or were not able to come to a satisfactory resolution. In the meantime, could you try to come up with a scenario to repeat this error with a simple file-based data source (i.e. Excel, Access, CSV)? That way you could e-mail all of the necessary files to me to replicate the issue.

Thanks,
Adam

Re:RRD File not finding column in table 28 Jul 2009 18:21 #490

• mattholbrook
Hi Dale,

One thing I could try is saving the report in a higher version of Crystal. If you want to send me the report I can save it in Crystal 11 and send it back to you. My email address is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thanks!!
Matt
  • Page: