TOPIC: Optional Parameters

Optional Parameters 23 May 2019 18:14 #5465

• apollo.cherniak@freshcreativefoods.com
  • apollo.cherniak@freshcreativefoods.com's Avatar
How do we run a report with optional parameters? It appears that you cannot simply leave the optional parameters blank as you can in other report viewers. A message saying "Missing parameter values. (emailCrystalReport)" is returned instead. Thank you.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Optional Parameters 24 Jun 2019 19:30 #5646

• brian@terrytown.com
1. Click on the Radio Button "Specified"
2. Under Available Parameters click on one of the parameters. (Note: The report I'm looking at only has one and it is called "My Parameter")
3. Click on the "Add" button.
4. Type in your Parameter
5. Click the "OK" button
All the best,
Brian

Optional Parameters 24 Jul 2019 21:40 #5728

• apollo.cherniak@freshcreativefoods.com
  • apollo.cherniak@freshcreativefoods.com's Avatar
That won't work. I want the parameter to be blank (returns all records) in Logicity, yet it forces you to enter a value. The same Crystal Report is used outside of Logcity where the users can filter the report with those optional parameters. One person might filter by date, while others might filter by document number range, etc.

Optional Parameters 03 Feb 2021 14:00 #10851

• Michael@kirbyperkins.com
Has there been any resolution to this? How does Logicity Solution Builder handle optional parameters that we do not want left blank.

Optional Parameters 04 Feb 2021 21:51 #10873

• KCrane
Hi Michael - Which version of Logicity are you using? I am not seeing the issue in version 1.9 reported in the original message for this topic:
"It appears that you cannot simply leave the optional parameters blank...
A message saying "Missing parameter values. (emailCrystalReport)" is returned"

Another setting that can have an impact on parameters is the Save Data with Report from the File menu in Crystal Reports - this setting should be unchecked.

Or are you looking to have Logicity mandate that an Optional Parameter not be left blank?