TOPIC: database login request

database login request 20 Jan 2010 02:22 #568

• Inovus
I have a problem with one report. whenever it is run, it comes up with the parameter enrty screen, but is asking for the database login details. The login details are in the RRD file, and as soon as they are entered the report executes properly.

I have attached a screencap of the screen where it asks for login details.

RRD file contents are as follows:

;WORKSPACE_MODE=FALSE
ViewReport[Lifed Component Calendar]=K:\Crystal Shared\Crystal Reports\lifed component report crosstab.rpt?dbuser=qctl&dbpass=quantum&
Attachments:
Last Edit: 20 Jan 2010 02:24 by Inovus.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:database login request 20 Jan 2010 20:21 #569

• aellis
Try loading up this report in the full Crystal Reports designer, go to Database, Set Location, and expand the "Properties" node below your database icon. If there is a user name listed there that does not say "qctl", highlight the User Name entry, hit F2, and type in "qctl". Save the report and try to run it again in Logicity to see if it works.

Re:database login request 20 Jan 2010 20:30 #570

• Inovus
Hi, thanks for the reply.
Its still requesting the username and password.
Any other ideas?

Re:database login request 20 Jan 2010 20:32 #571

• aellis
Hmm - any chance there is more than one datasource on that report? Logicity only handles a single database login via the RRD file.

Re:database login request 20 Jan 2010 20:37 #572

• Inovus
No, but looking at it, it appears to be the only report that I have had to use a view to write the report, rather than writing it from tables only. Could this have something to do with it? This report has only one data source.

Re:database login request 20 Jan 2010 20:41 #573

• Inovus
Scrub that, I just created a new RRD file for a different report that uses views, and it worked fine.

Re:database login request 28 Jan 2010 23:11 #581

• Inovus
Finally found what was causing it.
It looks like Logicity doesn't handle dynamic parameters correctly.
Could it be because the reader has to log in to the database to retrieve a list of parameter values, but logicity doesn't log in until the report is actually refreshed, then logicity cannot retrieve the parameter values without manually loggin in.

Hope this makes sense. I took the dynamic parameters out, and the problem goes away.
Last Edit: 28 Jan 2010 23:12 by Inovus.