TOPIC: Questions from a potential buyer

Questions from a potential buyer 11 Jun 2020 17:20 #8059

• Pavane
I have an application that generates hundreds of monthly client reports using Crystal Reports. It is currently very labour intensive as each individual PDF is created by hand. It seems that with Logicity Pro I can create a RRD file and use a command line to specify the parameter. I assume that I can use the same technique in the RRD that specifies the parameter variable name to specify the PDF destination directory and the PDF file name. The application could then create and execute a batch file that would create all of the PDFs and file them in the appropriate folders. For example:

"C:\Program Files\SaberLogic\Logicity\Logicity Desktop.exe" "C:\ClientReports.rrd" PRINT_JOB=EG_Smith_John; PDF_PATH=c:\Reports\EG; PDF_FILE_NAME=EG_Smith_John_20200331.pdf
"C:\Program Files\SaberLogic\Logicity\Logicity Desktop.exe" "C:\ClientReports.rrd" PRINT_JOB=EG_Smith_John; PDF_PATH=c:\Reports\EG\Smith_John; PDF_FILE_NAME=EG_Smith_John_20200331.pdf
"C:\Program Files\SaberLogic\Logicity\Logicity Desktop.exe" "C:\ClientReports.rrd" PRINT_JOB=EG_Jones_Jill; PDF_PATH=c:\Reports\EG; PDF_FILE_NAME=EG_Jones_Jill_20200331.pdf
"C:\Program Files\SaberLogic\Logicity\Logicity Desktop.exe" "C:\ClientReports.rrd" PRINT_JOB=EG_Jones_Jill; PDF_PATH=c:\Reports\EG\Jones_Jill; PDF_FILE_NAME=EG_Jones_Jill_20200331.pdf

I would assign %PRINT_JOB% as the parameter, %PDF_PATH% as the destination directory, and %PDF_FILE_NAME% in the RRD file. The above would create four PDF client reports, two into the account manager's folder (EG) and one each in the client's folder.

Would this work?
Last Edit: 11 Jun 2020 17:26 by Pavane. Reason: Forgot to specify Logicity Pro
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Questions from a potential buyer 11 Jun 2020 20:49 #8060

• KCrane
Adding the parameters from the example command lines to an RRD would work.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 11 Jun 2020 20:50 by KCrane.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pavane

Questions from a potential buyer 12 Jun 2020 12:20 #8061

• Pavane
Thanks for confirming how I thought that it would work based on what I have read on the forum.

If I put several hundred of these command line calls to Logicity in a batch file and execute it, wil Logicity be overwhelmed or will it just process each one in turn normally until it reaches the end? I worry about the handshaking between the batch file, Logicity, and Crystal Reports.