TOPIC: Still Prompted for dB Password in Solution Builder

Still Prompted for dB Password in Solution Builder 09 Jun 2011 15:40 #817

• lcrofton@northrock.bm
I am new to using Logicity Solution Builder and I am attempting to schedule a crystal report for unattended execution however whenever the report is launched it still requests the password for my SQL database, thus it will not run unattended. If on the Database Info tab I select the radio button Specified and enter the username and password to login to the database, shouldn't this bypass the need for entering the password when the report is executed? I have setup ODBC drivers on my local machine as well as on the server to connect to the database and am using SQL authentication. The database is hosted on a remote server. Am I missing something in the setup as to avoid the need to enter the password everytime the report is run?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Still Prompted for dB Password in Solution Builder 09 Jun 2011 22:06 #818

• aellis
Question for you - if you do a "View" action on that server and fill in the user name and password when prompted does it properly come up? There is an issue with Logicity / Crystal where you need to make sure your ODBC connection is being entered in the 32-bit control panel if you are on a 64-bit server so that might be a possible explanation. One other thought is that the scheduled task needs to be set up as the user where you created the ODBC connection.

Re:Still Prompted for dB Password in Solution Builder 10 Jun 2011 16:30 #819

• lcrofton@northrock.bm
Yes to both, it requires me to enter the password when doing a view and I am scheduling the task on the machine where the ODBC connection was created. I have since found another solution to avoid having to enter the password when the report is run by generating an ODBC script with all login information for the report to use when it runs which is working well for us.

Thank you for your response.