TOPIC: Parameters with an ampersand

Parameters with an ampersand 22 Sep 2011 11:21 #876

• denyd
Hi I am using the Solution Builder and specifying parameters for my report. One of my parameters is called REGION and can accept a value that contains an ampersand ( & ).

Example: "Europe & World"

The regions relate to our business regions and not necessary geographical regions.

The problem is I enter the parameter value "Europe & World", save the RRD file, then re-open it to check and notice that it has ignored everything after the ampersand. So effectively only saves the paramter value as "Europe". As a result the report returns no records. Only seems to happen with parameters that have an ampersand in it. I have tried placing double quotes around the parameters and also single quotes but the report still returns no records.
Any ideas?
Last Edit: 22 Sep 2011 11:24 by denyd.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Parameters with an ampersand 22 Sep 2011 19:10 #877

• sduranceau
Hello!
A current limitation of Logicity is that it cannot accept the ampersand character in any of the fields withing the Logicity Solution Builder. The ampersand is used as a special character within the Logicity Solution file format.
To get around this limitation, I would suggest building some logic into the Select expert of the report.

I hope this solves your problem!

-Devin
Last Edit: 22 Sep 2011 19:12 by sduranceau.

Re:Parameters with an ampersand 23 Sep 2011 08:00 #880

• denyd
Hi,
I thought that would be the case. Thank you for your reply, I will do that.

Shahid