TOPIC: Email a report with no records returned

Email a report with no records returned 14 Feb 2008 02:56 #102

• squiresk
Hi,

I would just like to confirm some behaviour I am experiencing is to be expected.

I have a report, that I have scheduled to run each day, basically, samples that have failed that day. Some days the report will return some records, other days it may not.

When there are no records returned, the email is not sent.
If I edit the reprot so records are returned, the email is sent.

This isn't really a problem, but I would like to confirm this is the case. There are other items in the report, RHs, PFs etc.. but the details section may be blank. Would this stop the email from being sent? I cannot find this in the documentation.
I would like to be able to confirm the whole scheduling process is working as it should, but this is difficult if emials are not sent when no records are returned.

Excellent software, by the way.

Hope that makes sense, Kai.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Email a report with no records returned 14 Feb 2008 03:03 #103

• aellis
Kai,

Yes, we can confirm the situation you describe is how it is currently designed to operate. We actually had to code that in at one point as the default behavior of the API would be to sent the blank e-mail and that was undesirable to many users. The work around is to just make sure you always have at least one record on your main report.

Take care,
Adam

Re:Email a report with no records returned 14 Feb 2008 03:10 #104

• squiresk
Thaks for your reply.

Thats fine and understandable, I just wanted to make sure everything was working as it should.

Kai.