TOPIC: refreshing a report

refreshing a report 22 Feb 2008 19:21 #111

• rmvazquez
Hello everyone,

I created a simple reporte in crystal XI that I want to send via e-mail daily. The problem I am having is that every day the same report gets sent. In other words the report isn ot refreshing everytime it runs to be sent to e-mail. Is there something I am missing or something I need to do so this works?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:refreshing a report 22 Feb 2008 19:43 #112

• mattholbrook
Hi,

To fix the problem you are having open up the crystal report go to file and uncheck save data with report. This should make the report refresh itself every time it sends.

Thanks!
Matt

Re:refreshing a report 22 Feb 2008 19:55 #113

• rmvazquez
thank you very much!

Re:refreshing a report 06 May 2008 02:00 #173

• timmahan
This solution
To fix the problem you are having open up the crystal report go to file and uncheck save data with report. This should make the report refresh itself every time it sends.

Solved the problem of automatically refreshing data. however if I have a parameter in the report, the windows scheduler say it was successful BUT the saved file is NOT saved

Re:refreshing a report 06 May 2008 04:18 #174

• aellis
Unfortunately parameters are not supported in Logicity for E-mail, Print, and Save actions. This is on our known bug list and we are looking for a solution to it, but for now you need to lock in your parameters in your Crystal Report if you wish to schedule them. I typically create a new version of the report and replace the select expert entries with hard coded or formula entries.

Re:refreshing a report 06 May 2008 06:12 #180

• timmahan
I am not sure what you mean by ...
"you need to lock in your parameters in your Crystal Report if you wish to schedule them. I typically create a new version of the report and replace the select expert entries with hard coded or formula entries." - Or how to do it.

But I found a way that seems to work
Instead of "prompt user", I use "specified" and then enter the Oldest date for start and 12/31/2008 for end,

It updates the data, saves the file and still retains the the prompt if the user clicks the refresh in Logicity Desktop.

Am I missing something or is this what I think I am getting ?