TOPIC: Emailing & Scheduling

Emailing & Scheduling 13 Sep 2012 14:08 #1162

• Brockloch
Hi

I am trying to schedule a report to be sent to a client only a daily basis. Initially it didn't work even the though the scheduler kicked in ok - ran for a minute and then finished - no error message. I then changed the "To" email address to my own and it worked as it should have. I then included the other email address in the "CC" box and the scheduler kicked in - ran through the process and neither email addresses then received an email.
The other email address is a valid address that I use to contact my client.

Any help much appreciated.

Ed
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Emailing & Scheduling 13 Sep 2012 14:39 #1165

• aellis
Ed,

Could you try one more thing for us here? If you put your client's e-mail address in the TO box and leave the CC blank does it work then? That CC box is new and it is possible there is a bug related to it. I think if you don't have issues using only the TO field we have found the culprit. If it still doesn't work there we might want to see if this is somehow getting blocked as SPAM somewhere.

-Adam

Emailing & Scheduling 13 Sep 2012 16:06 #1166

• Brockloch
Hi

I just tried this and he said he got the email, he also said he got some of the earlier attempts but not all? I just tried to email him and 2 of my email addresses (separated by commas), not cc'd. None arrive. I took his email address out and left my 2 email addresses in and I got them!?

I've set it to run tomorrow morning with just his email address - we'll see what happens.

Ed

Emailing & Scheduling 17 Sep 2012 20:56 #1167

• Brockloch
Hi

The problem persists

If I try to schedule an email to anybody within the client's domain, the scheduler works but the email does not arrive, if anybody outside of the domain is included they also do not receive the email.

Send the same report without somebody in the domain it works fine.

Ed

Emailing & Scheduling 19 Sep 2012 15:29 #1168

• aellis
Ed,

I'm not really sure what to suggest here - it sure sounds to me like the e-mails are hitting the server but are just not being delivered. Most likely it has something to do with some sort of spam filtering or something like that. I know if the From address is not resolvable that some e-mail servers might kick that out. Beyond that what I would probably advise is getting somebody familiar with administration of their e-mail server to trace the messages and see where they are getting rejected at.

-Adam

Emailing & Scheduling 28 Sep 2012 10:49 #1177

• Brockloch
Thanks for your help - passed it to their it guys - they changed the spam filter and it works ok.
Thanks again for all your help.

Emailing & Scheduling 12 Oct 2012 11:17 #1185

• freskaxavier
Keep the good work up..Appreciated...!!!

Yolanda Young
The following user(s) said Thank You: aellis