TOPIC: Having to update password each 90 days

Having to update password each 90 days 08 Feb 2013 14:04 #1278

• blansinger
I am using the free version of the product 1.6. My issue is that each 90 or so days our IT dept requires us to change our Novell passwords. Each time I do I must also go into the scheduled tasks area & right click every task, choose properties, then update the password to the newly updated password. In the run as box it does have my pc name /Blansing which is my login name. If I forget to change this none of the reports will run at all, then you look in the scheduled tasks area and the status area says that it didnt run because the password was incorrect.

Is there no way to set it so it so no password change is needed or some other workaround?

Thanks,
Brad Lansinger
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Having to update password each 90 days 08 Feb 2013 14:13 #1279

• aellis
Brad,

That unfortunately is more of a network issue than something Logicity can work around. Logicity in it's current state needs to run as a real Windows user and if you are part of a domain it needs that users password to run (to get more specific, Windows Task Scheduler needs that users password to run). So if the password changes there is no getting around updating it. Long term we are hoping to rework how all of that report scheduling stuff works to give people better options than this, but for now it is what it is.

Regards,
Adam
The administrator has disabled public write access.