TOPIC: Dynamic Parameter values missing - after RegEdit

Dynamic Parameter values missing - after RegEdit 26 Jun 2013 19:36 #1387

• CRGoddess
My network guy and I have updated the Registry for LOV as mentioned in a different post, and rebooted, but I'm still not getting the complete list of values for the first cascading parameter. This is a big problem for my client and I really don't want to have to pay for support if this is not my issue. It work in Crystal Reports designer, as I also changed the Registry there. Suggestions?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dynamic Parameter values missing - after RegEdit 26 Jun 2013 21:01 #1388

• aellis
Was this the post you were following?

www.logicitysuite.com/forum/tips-tricks/...er.html#.UctWevkqbTQ

If so, note the newer registry entries for version 1.7 and the 64-bit Windows difference. That change will get the list to not be limited to 500 values, but it still has the record navigator deal where each page of results only returns a certain number at a time (I am not aware of a way to make that go away).

Hope this helps,
Adam

Dynamic Parameter values missing - after RegEdit 26 Jun 2013 21:54 #1389

• CRGoddess
Hi Adam - yes that is the post. I followed the directions very carefully. We have version 1.7 on a 32 bit machine, but we also tried it today on a 64 bit machine. It's still not returning all the values in the list. I have attached a screen shot of the registry editor FYI.
Attachments:

Dynamic Parameter values missing - after RegEdit 27 Jun 2013 12:51 #1390

• aellis
Hmm - I just tried this on my end to make sure nothing has changed but it still seemed to work fine, but I do have an observation. I had a report with a dynamic parameter with a massive number of values and ran it on Logicity 1.7.0014 Windows 7 64-bit. As expected, the parameter gave me 5 pages of results with 100 per page. I added a registry key to

\HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Crystal Reports\DatabaseOptions\LOV

The key name was MaxRowsetRecords, it was a string value, and I set it to 2000. I re-ran my report and now I get 10 pages with 100 results per page. So here is the observation - if I set it to 1000 I only get 5 pages / 100 per. So it seems to me that with, the latest Crystal Reports Runtime, this value does not seem to directly correspond with the number of values. It looks like you had a very high number specified - could you maybe try a few different numbers (like 2000) and see if we can determine some reasoning behind what is going on here?

Regards,
Adam

Dynamic Parameter values missing - after RegEdit 27 Jun 2013 14:18 #1391

• CRGoddess
Hi Adam - I have now tried 1200, 2000, 5000, and 10000. Nothing seems to make any difference. I'm going to have to have a look for an alternate report viewer tool...

Dynamic Parameter values missing - after RegEdit 27 Jun 2013 14:48 #1392

• bellis
Hmm... we have a lot of customers running Logicity able to set that registry value and see the correct number of LOV values indicated. In fact, Adam was changing his key along with yours to verify that indeed it was properly setting.

What is the exact build you are running?

Are you running as an administrator? I just want to make sure that there are not permission issues to that registry key.

Thanks!
Brian

Dynamic Parameter values missing - after RegEdit 27 Jun 2013 15:42 #1393

• CRGoddess
I've just installed the most current CR Runtime Files (version 13.0.4.705) from a different source. Now it works! Thanks for looking into it, Adam and Brian.