TOPIC: Tab Delimited export

Tab Delimited export 21 Feb 2014 11:29 #1519

• AWhewell1984
Hi,

I'm attempting to create a tab delimited file through an RRD which obviously has an option to export using this method. The issue I'm having is that the export puts quotation marks around strings and ignores blank text fields when they should be columns, meaning that the data isn't in the right column order on the export.

The other option is to use the delimited option at export, however I cannot work out how to put a tab as the delimited in Formats.xml. The Chr code is ignored (or rather actually exports Chr(9) rather than a tab) and just putting a tab doesn't make a difference as it doesn't see anything to read.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tab Delimited export 21 Feb 2014 19:53 #1521

• aellis
Andrew,

This was actually a shortcoming in the Logicity Formats logic. I have updated Logicity.Common.dll to support Chr(X) functions for the delimiter on character separated e-mail and save actions. This will be included with the next Logicity release but I have attached the DLL here so you can get it sooner. Simply unzip and replace your existing Logicity.Common.dll. Let me know if you have any troubles and thanks also for some of the replies you have provided to other folks on the boards.

Thanks,
Adam
Attachments:

Tab Delimited export 24 Feb 2014 13:39 #1525

• AWhewell1984
Hi,

Thanks for coming back to me. One of those headache issues it seems.

I've downloaded and over-written with the new DLL file now and restarted as a just in case measure. It still doesn't appear to change the delimiter however. I even went to the level of rolling back to an old version of Formats.xml in case I'd messed up another setting (I did play a bit, I'll admit) and then edited that. The latest version is attached.

The two outputs are also attached, one with a comma as the delimiter (which appears to print the delimiter twice?) and one with Chr(9) as the delimiter, as per attached Formats.xml.

Any clues would be appreciated. Also, not sure we can swap between the two delimiters for different RRD files? This is a hard setting for the system rather than an individual report setting?

Thanks,

Andrew
Attachments:

Tab Delimited export 24 Feb 2014 13:41 #1526

• AWhewell1984
Sorry, XML file rejected due to file type... I've amended to txt for reference...
Attachments:

Tab Delimited export 24 Feb 2014 13:42 #1527

• aellis
Weird - it worked for me like a charm when I swapped out the DLL. I will have a look at this when I have some time.

Tab Delimited export 24 Feb 2014 13:46 #1528

• AWhewell1984
Thanks for coming back so quick... I suspect there may be a bigger issue here to do with how I have things set up due to the problem we're getting with the duplicate comma delimiter when it's set back as that... at the moment my CSV outputs aren't processing properly as the columns appear to be incorrect...

I can't see that there's many other settings I might have inadvertently changed though... very close to just re-installing at the moment to see if that helps!

Tab Delimited export 28 Mar 2014 11:17 #1551

• AWhewell1984
Hi,

I've finally managed to solve the issue I've had with double commas on our CSV outputs by re-installing Solution Builder completely. Clearly I had managed to inadvertently change a setting somewhere within it that was duplicating the delimiter. If I knew how, I would love to share!

Thanks for advice on this anyway.

Cheers,

Andrew