TOPIC: 'Insert Variable' greyed out

'Insert Variable' greyed out 29 Apr 2014 08:53 #1566

• pwCgeatherill
Ive got a minor problem with Logicity where I can’t add variables to a data extract. I need them to add the “date & time” the report was ran to a file name. I normally do this by right clicking on the file name box and then you can browse the options and pick the one you want. It seems to me that this section has been deactivated for some reason? Maybe it’s a security problem? It shows up but it’s greyed out. This has occurred since switching to Windows 7 64 bit, it worked fine on Server 2003. I have attached a screenshot to explain.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

'Insert Variable' greyed out 29 Apr 2014 11:12 #1567

• aellis
Can you check that you have registered Logicity? You would see that behavior if it was not registered. You may want to register it, close the registration window, and then reopen it to see if it "sticks". I believe Windows 7 tries to lock things down quite a bit by default and you may need to run the 'Register Logicity' program as administrator in order to have the registry permissions to write. I run Windows 7 64-bit at the office and Windows 8.1 at home and have Logicity Pro working both places *but* the first thing I always do is turn off Windows UAC so that may be why I don't see this.
The administrator has disabled public write access.