TOPIC: Connection Error

Connection Error 24 Mar 2008 16:17 #135

• al123
Hi

I've downloaded the latest version of Logicity and I'm trying to run a crystal 8.5 report. When I run the report - which I know works in crystal reports - the program gives me an error of:

Failed to retrieve data from the Database
Details [Database Vendor Erro: 942]
Error in File Monthly Buys.rpt:
Details [Database Vendor Erro: 942]

Any ideas what has casued this, and how I can get the report to work. When I tried entering a different username and password the program didn't allow me to log-in, so I know that these must be right.

I noticed that the log-in page shows me the name of the .dsn for the server name, but the database name is empty and can't be changed, would this be an issue?

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Connection Error 25 Mar 2008 02:41 #139

• aellis
If there would be any possibility that you could upgrade the report to Crystal XI, that would be the first thing I'd suggest. If that doesn't work, or you don't have the option of upgrading to Crystal XI, we still have an old version of Logicity (called RPT Tool) available out in the Old Versions section:

www.logicitysuite.com/View-category/Old-Versions-of-Logicity/

Please note this version is entirely unsupported. Back when it was RPT Tool we didn't even have any of the graphical utiilities like Logicity Solution Builder, so you'll need to carefully read the Users Guide that comes with the download to use it.

Good luck,
Adam

Re:Connection Error 25 Mar 2008 16:11 #140

• al123
Thanks for the reply

I tried upgrading to version 10, but this didn't work. I got a different error number but the same structure of response. Unfortunately I do not have version 11.

What I was really after was a scheduling tool, with a reasonable price tage!, which I could test that is able to run a crystal reports at a required period and then email it to a client as a .pdf.

I assume the version 8.5 of your RPT Tool (viewer) doesn't have the scheduling functionality.

It seems there a few free schedulers out there, but all seem to have difficulty log-in to the databases. Do you know of any other software which might do the trick? I assume crystal reports still doeesn't have any scheduling capabilities.

BTW: Nice Website design, very professional looking.

Al

Re:Connection Error 25 Mar 2008 18:22 #141

• mattholbrook
Hi Al,

If you would like me to look further into your problem you can email me your contact information, and I can see what I can do. My e-mail address is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Thanks!
Matt