TOPIC: FAILURE SENDING MAIL. (EMAILCRYSTALREPORT)

FAILURE SENDING MAIL. (EMAILCRYSTALREPORT) 28 Feb 2022 16:32 #14672

• jwstano
After a recent .net update from microsoft in January, I am no longer able to send emails from logicity. I get a failure sending email message. I have tried the email tester (old version) and the emailtester for 4.6 and the 4.6 version works, but the old version does not.
I am using office 365 outgoing mail server smtp.office365.com port 587 with authentication and SSL checked and I have tried all versions of lite and have a paid pro version 1.8 and recently subscribe to 1.9 thinking it would solve the problem. If I do not get the failure sending mail error, the other thing that happens is nothing. It looks like it is running for a second, then no error and no mail sent.

I have tried all resolutions listed in previous forum postings regarding this issue as well as the registry edit. Out of ideas and quite frustrated as to why it stopped working all of the sudden.

Any help very appreciated
The administrator has disabled public write access.

FAILURE SENDING MAIL. (EMAILCRYSTALREPORT) 28 Feb 2022 16:51 #14673

• KCrane
Just to confirm, did you test Logicity v1.9.0004? This version has a newer version of the .NET framework to support the newer version of TLS.

Is this a scheduled report? If so, does the report send the email successfully when just running the report via Logicity Desktop?

FAILURE SENDING MAIL. (EMAILCRYSTALREPORT) 28 Feb 2022 19:47 #14674

• jwstano
I have installed and tested v1.9.0004. With this version installed, I do not receive an error. It just seems to run but nothing is sent. It is scheduled, but I have tried executing directly from the builder as well and that is when the mail sending error pops up. I get a debugger notice when it runs via the scheduler. It asks me to debug the .exe program

FAILURE SENDING MAIL. (EMAILCRYSTALREPORT) 28 Feb 2022 21:34 #14675

• KCrane
Are there any other applications that might be utilizing Crystal Reports and might be causing a conflict?

Does Logicity run and email successfully on another computer?

FAILURE SENDING MAIL. (EMAILCRYSTALREPORT) 28 Feb 2022 23:05 #14676

• jwstano
So, I upgraded again to 1.9 and uninstalled Crystal Reports runtime engine and then reinstalled from scratch, and that has seemed to resolve the issue. I will post back if I have any further problems. Thanks for your help.