TOPIC: Cannot run RRD file using --quiet switch

Cannot run RRD file using --quiet switch 30 May 2022 10:48 #15791

• JamesEdmondsAspall
Hi,

We are migrating our Logicity 1.8 install from an old Windows Server 2019 server to a new 2022 server.

We have exported all of our scheduled tasks and imported them on the new server. These are all running under a new service account.
The first one we did a test on sends the report as an email, and runs absolutely fine. I asked my manager to test his remaining reports, but on the very next one he tested, it failed to do what it was supposed to.

In this instance, the RRD is supposed to call a report and then output an XLS document to a file share. We have ruled out file permissions by granting the service account full control on the share and folder via NTFS permissions.
After opening a command prompt window running as the service account, I copied and pasted the scheduled task program and arguments to run it manually and see what happens.
Initially, it did nothing, but if I remove the --quiet parameter (or even if I simply run the RRD directly), it works flawlessly.

Is there something about the quiet parameter that would be preventing the RRD from running? I find this odd given the very first one we tested also uses --quiet, so the only difference at this stage is one emails and one outputs a file.
We have several other tasks that do a mix of email and file output, so we will see if there is some correlation between the two. We need to use --quiet for these tasks, as if we don't include it in the scheduled tasks, it doesn't work either (because it's a non interactive session I assume).

Many thanks
James
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cannot run RRD file using --quiet switch 30 May 2022 12:01 #15793

• JamesEdmondsAspall
Seems the issue was that the extension of the RRD file was capitalised.
Changing this to lower case, for whatever reason, resolved the issue.

Seems like a bug?

Cheers
James
The administrator has disabled public write access.