TOPIC: Running .rptr files

Running .rptr files 16 Mar 2016 21:27 #2174

• CRGoddess
As developers of custom Crystal Reports, we would like to distribute the read-only version (.rptr) of our report files so that we can retain the intellectual property. It appears that neither Logicity nor LogicityPro can recognize that file type. Could you please let me know if there is a plan to enhance your tool to be able to do that?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Running .rptr files 17 Mar 2016 18:39 #2178

• aellis
Logicity is built on top of the v13 runtime so it should theoretically be capable of handling that file format but I have to admit we've never had a request for it nor tested it ourselves (we actually have our own proprietary report format via Logicity Report Encryptor for this very purpose). Can you let us know at what point you are encountering Logicity not allowing these files? If a file browser is not allowing it, can you manually enter the file name and it runs?

Running .rptr files 22 Mar 2016 15:48 #2182

• eremington
Hello CRGoddess! I wanted to follow-up on aellis's suggestion and see where Logicity is causing an issue. Is it not allowing you to browse to the file to select it?

Running .rptr files 13 Apr 2016 16:41 #2215

• CRGoddess
Hi there - finally had a chance to follow up on this. There is no error message - pretty much nothing happens. It would be a great feature to include, but I'll look into your encryption tool to see if it meets our needs. Thanks.