TOPIC: Scheduled Task Completes Only When User Logged In

Scheduled Task Completes Only When User Logged In 16 Jun 2017 14:28 #2554

• jfuller
Greetings,

We purchased a license for Logicity on Tuesday. Compared to market alternatives, we are very impressed with your software and look forward to using it effectively. We are still one step from getting it to work. I have seen many similar topics on this forum, and while the suggested solutions have been helpful, they have not solved our issue. Thanks in advance for any help from your team or other users!

Problem: Scheduled task runs when user is logged in. Does not run when user is logged out. Error: "The directory name is invalid. (0x8007010B)"

.exe Details/Info:
  • Installed on W2K8 Server Virtual Machine (always on, not always logged in)
  • Downloaded/Installed Logicity via link in licensing email. 'saberlogic-logicity-1-8-00091-setup.exe
  • Hovering over .exe file, it says 'File Version 1.8.0.0'
  • Navigating to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SaberLogic\Logicity' and viewing Properties > Details of the installed 'Logicity Desktop.exe', it says 'Product/File Version: 1.8.0.0'
This thread suggests downloading a newer file than 1.8.0.0. In it there is a download link to 'saberlogic-logicity-1-8-0008-setup.exe'. This .exe says 'File Version 1.7.0.0' and 'Product Version 1.8.0008'.
Which file is actually newer? 1.8.0008 seems newer than 1.8.0.0, but '...1-8-0008-setup.exe' seems older than '1-8-00091-setup.exe'.
Should I be uninstalling the current one and installing this other one?
It's also worth noting that the file linked in the other thread was suggested in 2015, I downloaded ours a few days ago in 2017.
Moreover, can I uninstall 1.8.0.0 and install 1.8.0008 with the same registration information? We only have a single user license.

Edit: 'Logicity Desktop.exe' has Date Modified 2/10/2015, the installer it came from had Product Version 1.8.0009, so it seems that we have the most recent installer available.

.rrd/.rpt Details/Info:
  • .rrd file is on a mapped network drive (R:\)
  • .rpt file is on the same mapped network drive (R:\)
  • Output is set to export Excel file to another server
All of this works when the task is run manually, so I feel good about these directories and their permissions.

Task Scheduler Details/Info:
  • Action: Start a Program
  • Program/script: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SaberLogic\Logicity\Logicity Desktop.exe"
Tried program/script with and without quotes
  • Add arguments (optional): --quiet "R:\cyberren\crystal\Logicity\PDMeds.rrd"
Tried removing '--quiet', removing quotes, and a combination of the two. Also tried making this field blank, which prevented it from running manually.
  • Start in (optional): R:\cyberren\crystal\Logicity
Tried this with quotes also, though I've read it shouldn't have them

Looking forward to some tips.

Thanks,

Jackson
Last Edit: 16 Jun 2017 15:15 by jfuller.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Scheduled Task Completes Only When User Logged In 19 Jun 2017 13:49 #2555

• aellis
Jackson,
Thanks for your interest and purchase of Logicity! We have found that mapped drive letter can be a pretty sticky situation when it comes to logged out usage of Logicity for similar reasons as to described here: msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows...685143(v=vs.85).aspx. My suggestion would be to try re-creating your RRD and scheduled tasks to point to the UNC path and hopefully that should get everything resolved for you.
Regards,
Adam

Scheduled Task Completes Only When User Logged In 20 Jun 2017 11:43 #2556

• jfuller
Thanks for the suggestion, I'm starting my work week today after a nice long weekend. I'll post back soon with an update.

Scheduled Task Completes Only When User Logged In 20 Jun 2017 14:58 #2557

• jfuller
Fantastic, this solved our problem and we can now schedule reports as desired. Thank you!

However, seemingly from nowhere we've spawned a different issue that was working flawlessly last week. I'm nearly 100% sure nothing else changed and I'm a little baffled. Thanks in advance for helping us tie up this loose end before we move Logicity to production.

Issue: VBScript in Excel File Name and Log File Name is now creating deeper directories in which files are saved with incorrect names

Details: Action File Name: PDMeds_%{DateAdd("d",-1,Date)}%.xls (Use run date of today as example)
  • Last week file would be saved as: ...\PDMeds\PDMeds_6-19-2017.xls
  • Now files are saved as: ...\PDMeds\PDMeds_6\19\2017.xls where slashes are interpreted as directories and the file name is just '2017.xls'
Any idea what caused this change? I made zero changes to the Action/Log File Name fields, now they are being outputted with a different format.

As a test, I just changed Action File Name to: PDMeds_%{Date}%.xls and it also buried the .xls file in ...\PDMeds\6\20\2017.xls, where \PDMeds\6\20\ is the directory and 2017.xls is the file name.

Reading online it seems that slashes are how VBScript should be outputting. My question is why was it outputting with dashes instead slashes previously, and how can I get it back to outputting this way?

Thanks,
Jackson

Scheduled Task Completes Only When User Logged In 20 Jun 2017 15:37 #2558

• jfuller
Still genuinely curious as to why this worked when it shouldn't have, but I found solution on the forums:

Solution:

Yesterday's date, with leading Zero, in the format YYYY-MM-DD
%{DatePart("yyyy",DateAdd("d", -1, date))}%-%{Right("0" + cstr(DatePart("m",DateAdd("d", -1, date))), 2)}%-%{Right("0" + cstr(DatePart("d",DateAdd("d", -1, date))), 2)}%
-JoelM

Link: This thread

Thanks for your help with our primary issue, Adam, we'll be moving Logicity to production today!

Jackson