TOPIC: Barcode converting to text

Barcode converting to text 08 May 2018 16:55 #2669

• kottobahn
Hello Users,
I have a report i created that has a 128 barcode that is included in Crystal Reports. I created an app that automatically print using the free version of Logicity Crystal Viewer. The barcode prints clearly but when i open it in Logicity the barcode is converted to text. I've downloaded several different fonts but the only barcode that our barcode reader will read is the CODE 128 Font that is included with Crystal that Logicity converts to text. Why is this the only barcode that won't print as a barcode with Logicity? Is there a plug in or a font I need. I've downloaded about 30 different barcode fonts from Azalea and Logicity actually prints the barcode correctly but our barcode doesn't read the barcode. I'm going crazy!!!

Kottobahn
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Barcode converting to text 15 May 2018 13:15 #2677

• aellis
Kottobahn,
One thing to keep in mind with CODE 128 barcode fonts is they are more than just a font - the actual data needs to be run through a function to do a variety of things like encode a checksum into the text. If you don't have the data behind the font correctly containing things like this checksum, the scanner will never pick it up. That built-in logic in Crystal to create a CODE 128 font will fix the data up for you and that is why it scans, but the supporting files to do what it does probably live only in the full Crystal install directory. I have an alternative for you to try though - when you installed Logicity the default options include barcode fonts which drop into your C:\Program Files (x86)\SaberLogic\Logicity folder. Grab the file from this directory named CRUFLBarFonts.dll and copy it to C:\Windows\System32. Next run the following command:

regsvr32 C:\Windows\System32\CRUFLBarFonts.dll

Now within your full copy of Crystal Reports there will be a new function in Crystal called BarFontsCode128b that takes the data you want to convert into a bar code as input. Make a function and stuff your data into it and then set the font to this one:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SaberLogic\Logicity\Code128JK.ttf

Let me know how you make out.
The administrator has disabled public write access.