TOPIC: Export to Excel Data Only

Export to Excel Data Only 24 Jul 2008 20:01 #230

• JamesRMI
I just started using Logicity free version in my efforts to direct my company to use Crystal Reports. So far I'm very impressed, particularly with the ability to schedule reports.

My only issue at the moment is that when I set up a report to be emailed on a schedule and I choose "Microsoft Excel 97-2000 - Data Only (XLS)" there are no options as what would appear in Crystal when doing the same action.

What I'm particularly interested in is the ability to display the column headers contained in the Page Header of my report. This would be available in Crystal using the option "Export page header and footer".

Am I missing something or is this not a capability at this time?

Thanks,

James
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Export to Excel Data Only 24 Jul 2008 21:32 #231

• aellis
James,

We currently do not support the ability to provide export format options as you'd see in the full version of Crystal. We'll put this on our feature request list. Two potential workarounds: 1) if you use the full Excel export you will get those headers, but probably a bunch of extra stuff you may not want. 2) If you put your headers into a new detail section and use conditional suppression so that it only prints OnFirstRecord that should work as well.
The administrator has disabled public write access.