TOPIC: Cannot Export File

Cannot Export File 26 Jul 2008 01:49 #232

• TimK
I cannot get Logicity to refresh and export or the attached file. It has a number of subreports. Is there a limit on the number of subreports Logicity can handle?

Logicity will open the file for viewing, but will not refresh and export, print or e-mail using Solution Builder.

I love the program, but without this report, I need a different solution to automating report generation.

Any help appreciated.

Tim

Post edited by: TimK, at: 2008/07/25 18:51 [img] Post edited by: TimK, at: 2008/07/30 22:55[img] Post edited by: TimK, at: 2008/07/30 22:55[img]

Post edited by: TimK, at: 2008/07/30 22:55
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Cannot Export File 28 Jul 2008 19:04 #233

• mattholbrook
Hi Tim,

The first thing to check is make sure the main report contains data. If there are no fields that show up in the main report and all info comes from the subreports then Logicity will email nothing. To work around this you could drop a field on the canvas of the main report that will always return a value(maybe a company name field). Another thing to check is make sure the report does not contain saved data or it will always email or show the saved data and never refresh. Let me know if either of these two suggestions fix your problem.

Thanks!
Matt

Re:Cannot Export File 31 Jul 2008 05:59 #236

• TimK
Matt,

That did the trick! Thanks!

I added a field to the main report; formatted it as white so it did not display; and low-and-behold, logicity creates a nice PDF or e-mails the file just fine.

Again, thanks.

Tim