TOPIC: Character being dropped from password

Character being dropped from password 23 Jan 2019 12:12 #3564

• matthewplumridge
Hi
We have the following setup

MSSQL Server 2014 with SQL authentication enabled and account configured for database connection.
Desktop with both Crystal Reports 2016 SP6 and Logicity 1-9-0001 Pro.
Two reports configured.

I am able to connect to the database and run both reports correctly from within Crystal reports. I have tested correctly within Crystal reports with Direct SQL Native Client 10.0 & 11.0, ODBC (32-bit) and OLE DB (ADO) connections (Changing Datasource location within the reports).

When trying to open the file within Logicity Desktop or via Logicity Solution Builder I am getting a prompt for the database password (the password is filled in with ********* but please see below comment) (Server, Database and User Name are shown correctly & greyed out). The user account is then being locked out for 10 minutes on the SQL server.
I have been told by the DBA that the error is due to the wrong password being received on the SQL server.

I have looked through the forum and tried everything I can from there with no resolution.

I have noted the following after testing.
If I leave the report window open with the Database login window and wait for the SQL lockout to clear I can successfully run the report by adding the last character from the password which is a '&'

What is happening is the password is for example abcdefgh& (Saved in the RRD configuration file).
Logicity appears to be dropping the '&' and passing the incomplete password abcdefgh to the SQL server, causing the failed login and account lockout.

Also note, I tried adding && to the end of the password in the RRD and Logicity drops both when running and still only passes abcdefgh.

Could you please advise on a resolution to the character being dropped. Changing the password is not a simple solution as this is used on other software on several desktops in different geographical locations.

Thanks
Matt
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Character being dropped from password 23 Jan 2019 16:11 #3565

• aellis
Matt,

Thanks for the detailed diagnosis here - you were spot on with what was going on. & was a special character and it was tripping up the rest of the RRD file. We have a new version being published now (1.9.0003) that will include a fix for this. I am going to e-mail you a special link directly so you don't have to wait for it.

Thanks,
Adam
The following user(s) said Thank You: matthewplumridge

Character being dropped from password 23 Jan 2019 18:48 #3567

• matthewplumridge
Hi Adam

Thank you again for the swift response and fix for this. I can confirm version 1.9.0003 is working perfectly now.

Best Regards
Matt