TOPIC: Missing Records

Missing Records 01 Dec 2008 21:03 #330

• cygnusguy2k3
Hi all,

My users are experiencing the following issue:

When refreshing the report data, the date range parameter does not allow them to see the entire range, for example, if they want to select a date range form January 1,2008 until December 1, 2008, they see from Jan 1 to Sept 1. In Crystal, however, I see the entire date range.

Has anybody else experienced this? How did you correct it?

Thanks in advance for your help.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Missing Records 01 Dec 2008 21:19 #331

• bellis
Hi,

I can't say I have seen this specific issue. What version of Crystal was the report created in?

Make sure the report is not set to save data with the report. That can create an issue.

Thanks!
Brian

Re:Missing Records 02 Dec 2008 16:25 #333

• cygnusguy2k3
Brian,

The report was created in Crystal Reports Developer Ed XI. The report did have the save data flag checked, but after changing the flag it made no difference. I am using a simple parameter for the date range - I use an active parameter, selecting Purchase order date with allow range values checked. Why I cannot see the entire date range in a viewer is beyond me, and I do not want to go to the expense of setting up a Crystal Reports server in order to use the Crystal Viewer, only to find it doesn't work either. I get this issue on more than one report and using different viewers (we tried Jeff-Net, but we had issues with the free version).

Maybe it's because I am using an active parameter. I will try changing it to a static value and see if this helps.

Regards,

Dave