TOPIC: Error exporting to Excel using Oracle DS

Error exporting to Excel using Oracle DS 06 Jan 2009 03:35 #362

• michael
Discovered an issue today that can be reproduced in 2 other environments.

Have a very simple Crystal Report that talks to an Oracle database.

Following two scenarios fail to produce Excel exports.

* View the CR .rpt file using Logicity 1.6.
* Enter dbuser and dbpass when prompted
* Report is displayed correctly with latest data
* Try to then export to Excel or even Excel Data Only and export fails with a message along the lines of Invalid Export Format and/or DLL
* Every other export format works correctly

* Execute an RRD file which does a save report as Excel and has been preconfigured with dbuser and dbpass. Finishes with no reported error
* After execution no reports have been produced.
* Once again, any other format type produces reports as expected.

Interesting observation in both cases is that if the Crystal report is saved with data then Excel export works correctly. This problem only seems to occur when querying the db for data.

This problem also does not occur when using Logicity 1.5. However I wouldn't mind using the latest version.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Error exporting to Excel using Oracle DS 06 Jan 2009 13:44 #363

• aellis
Michael,

We are running into this same issue with another Oracle user and your observations are helpful in tracking down what is going on. I'd like to have you try an experimental new installer we are planning on migrating to that we hope will better address issues like this. I'd highly recommend installing this on a non-critical system initially as we've not had the same level of testing on this installer as the current one. Also, you will need to uninstall your previous version of Logicity before installing this one. Let us know if this resolves the issue as it will help to determine if we go to this new installer format or not:

www.logicitysuite.com/dmdocuments/SaberL...1.6.0007%20Setup.exe

Thanks,
Adam

Re:Error exporting to Excel using Oracle DS 06 Jan 2009 21:38 #364

• michael
Uninstalled the old version, installed the new verson sucessfully.

However, when I attempt to view a report now I get the following error:

"crw32.exe - Entry Point Not Found"

"The procedure entry point ?PrintLegend@CMapXLegend@CSLib300@@QAEXJJJJJ@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library clibu-3-0.dll"

Re:Error exporting to Excel using Oracle DS 07 Jan 2009 13:57 #365

• aellis
Hmm - the fact that it is looking for crw32.exe is interesting. Is the full copy of Crystal loaded onto this PC or something? Try this - open Logicity Desktop from your start menu and, when the browse screen comes up, pick either a RPT file or a Logicity Solution file and let me know if you get the same error.

Re:Error exporting to Excel using Oracle DS 07 Jan 2009 21:55 #366

• michael
Following your instructions I was able to view an RPT file successfully.

However, when I tried to export to Excel I received the same error that I originally raised:

"Crystal Report Windows Forms Viewer"

"Error in File TestReport {5B084c0a-4BB1-4F9408311-5E50366D0611}.rpt: Invalid export DLL or export format"

"Export Failed"

As noted before, this does not occur for all other export formats.

Re:Error exporting to Excel using Oracle DS 14 Jan 2009 20:40 #367

• aellis
Michael,

I think we have finally tracked down a fix for this. A new installer will be available shortly that will automatically add this setting, but you need to add "c:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86" to your PATH environmental variable for any Logicity 1.6 installations experiencing this issue.

Let me know if this fixes it for you,
Adam

Re:Error exporting to Excel using Oracle DS 25 Feb 2009 00:50 #398

• michael
Apologies in the delay for responding.

Just wanted to let you know that the previous mentioned problem seemed to be a result of having Crystal Reports also installed on the machine at the same time Logicity was. When I tried my system without crystal reports (actual reason for having logicity) everything worked perfectly.