TOPIC: Refresh button returns blank report

Refresh button returns blank report 02 Feb 2009 17:20 #388

• ikhlaqh
Hi

I'm using your free viewer to view, print and export reports linked to a Progress database.

All works fine for the above but when I click on the refresh button and enter any parameters it brings back an empty report.

Please help

Thanks
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Refresh button returns blank report 03 Feb 2009 14:56 #390

• mattholbrook
Hi,

Do you have saved data on the report turned off in Crystal? When you run the report in Crystal filling in the same parameter entries does the report return data? Can you create a simple report with one table and one parameter and see if you get any results with this?

Thanks!!
Matt

Re:Refresh button returns blank report 03 Feb 2009 17:17 #391

• ikhlaqh
Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply.

The 'Save data in Report' is ticked on in Crystal. When I run the report in Crystall 11 I get the following message; "The field whs_whs has changed" and then "proceeding to fix report" and then a blank report is displayed.

I'll try to create a simple report and get back to you, however I'm not the one who created this report and have no experience in creating crystal reports.

I just installed your free program on 1 machine to see what it could do in regards to opening existing reports.

Thanks
Last Edit: 03 Feb 2009 17:19 by ikhlaqh.

Re:Refresh button returns blank report 03 Feb 2009 19:27 #392

• mattholbrook
The reason it's showing data until you refresh is because saved data is checked on the report. That data is from the last time the report ran and returned records. It sounds like the problem is there are no records for the criteria you are entering. If you believe there should be records then it may be possible that the report needs modified. We(SaberLogic) also develop and modify reports if you need our assistance.

Thanks!
Matt

Re:Refresh button returns blank report 04 Feb 2009 10:20 #393

• ikhlaqh
Hi

Thanks for getting back.

Even if the saved data in report is off in Crystal Reports, the report refreshes blank in the free viewer.

Any criteria entered or even no criteria returns blank report.

You may be correct and this particular report needs modifying.

If this helps; We've 1 licence for Crystal reports 11 so if the user who has Crystal Reports 11 and your free report viewer installed, first saves a report in Crystal after refreshing it then other users who just have your free viewer open this report and refresh it with same parameters = then they get a refreshed report.

Thanks