TOPIC: Dynamic image / graphic location

Dynamic image / graphic location 05 Mar 2009 14:49 #402

• jonevance
I have a report that contains an image for which I have specified a dynamic, web-based location:

Right-click the image, select "Format Graphic", select the "Picture" tab, and use the formula editor button next to "Graphic location" to specify a dynamic URL.

This works like a charm in Crystal, showing a web-based image in my report whose URL is generated from the input criteria. It does NOT work in the Logicity viewer, which instead simply displays the original, non-dynamic image.

Is there a way to get this to work? Am I missing a trick?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Dynamic image / graphic location 05 Mar 2009 20:00 #403

• mattholbrook
Hi,

This seems to be working on my end. If you want to setup a time to do a remote session and I can take a look send me an email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Thanks!!
Matt

Re:Dynamic image / graphic location 08 Mar 2009 13:37 #404

• jonevance
Is there any movement on this?

Re:Dynamic image / graphic location 24 Apr 2009 12:52 #424

• Savarese
I have exactly the same problem described.
Inside the "Image Location" botton I have the following formula:

"http://IP_SERVER_ADDRESS/FOLDER_NAME/"+FIELD_NAME

Inside the field I have just the image file neme like IMG0001.JPG

I would like to add some information.
On my own PC (I'm the report developer) I have installed both Crystal Report 2008 and Locicity viewer (last version) and it is work fine, so also after a data refresh the images are still on the report.

On my collegues PC I have installed only the Locicity Viewer and in these case (I tryed on 3 different PC as a real test) I can open the original report with pictures, but if i try to refresh, only data are refreshed and images are disappearing, as image was not found.

Hope this can help to try to solve. In my case it is very strugging and it is limiting current process.

Thanks for your support.

Regards

Re:Dynamic image / graphic location 24 Apr 2009 19:13 #425

• mattholbrook
Hi,

We can repeat this error on our side. This is a known bug that should be fixed in an upcoming version of Logicity.

Thanks!!
Matt

Re:Dynamic image / graphic location 10 Jul 2009 13:15 #465

• aellis
Hello,

It has been a while since you sent this message so if you have moved on to another product please discard this message. However, if you are still using Logicity and continue to have this issue I was wondering if you could re-test with the newly released Logicity 1.6.0014. This version included an updated Crystal Reports runtime (Fix Pack 1.7) and when I tested this on my end dynamic images appear to be working correctly. I'd recommend you fully uninstall the previous Logicity and Crystal Reports runtime before you update to 1.6.0014 to be absolutely certain you've got the latest files. Let us know if this resolves the issue for you.

Thanks,
Adam

Re:Dynamic image / graphic location 10 Jul 2009 20:13 #468

• jonevance
Yippy! That worked like a charm. Now my users can see customer signatures!

Thanks so much, I really appreciate it.

Re:Dynamic image / graphic location 03 Aug 2009 20:09 #500

• Savarese
Hi, I was on my annual holiday when you released the new version so I tryed just today.

I removed the old version and the runtime crystal library too and I had installed the new one, and ....YES, it's working fine.

Now I'm more confident sharing report across company and I'm promoting Logicity viewer as our new internal standard.

Thanks for youe support.

Regards / Ciao

Gianni

:)