TOPIC: pdf failure using Palm Pre

pdf failure using Palm Pre 05 Jan 2010 22:24 #565

• Ted Johnson
The pdf output I generate for one of our reports is viewable on my PC but fails when viewed on my Palm Pre. Pdf's generated from other sources we use are viewable on the Palm Pre without issue. Any thoughts?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:pdf failure using Palm Pre 06 Jan 2010 14:32 #566

• mattholbrook
Hello,

When you are outputting the report to PDF did you give it a name? Make sure it is not just named .PDF but actually has a name for example TestReport.PDF.

Thanks!!
Matt

Re:pdf failure using Palm Pre 11 Jan 2010 22:49 #567

• rferlatte
Hi,

Just wanted to reply too. I've got a Palm pre and have the same problem. The report works fine and shows up correctly on my desktop email. However, trying to view it from the Palm Pre gives an error.

I was previous trying to use Crystal Delivery from www.groffautomation.com/ The reports from that program gave an error too on the Palm Pre. Since the problem happens on two different programs, I am wondering if its some problem with Palm's PDF viewer? Perhaps some way Crystal exports to email and some interaction with Palm's PDF viewer?

Thanks,
Chris

Re:pdf failure using Palm Pre 21 Jan 2010 22:33 #574

• Ted Johnson
Based upon what I read in other forumns the webos from Palm does not handle older pdf versions well. I tried the same Crystal report using various methods:

Logicity - failed
Crystal XI SP 2 Export - failed
pdffactory pro 3.30 - opened perfectly

I am looking for a new report delivery product any thoughts? Hopefully someone from Logicity reads these and looks into this however I am not sure how big a deal it is for them.

oh yea, I do have a file name on the files sent, thanks for the idea though.
Last Edit: 21 Jan 2010 22:34 by Ted Johnson.