TOPIC: Intermittent Failure of Scheduled Tasks

Intermittent Failure of Scheduled Tasks 23 Nov 2019 10:50 #6826

• HFC
Hi,
We are running Logicity on a Windows 2012 Standard Server which runs 15 scheduled tasks each morning between 7:30am and 8:30am outwith our business hours.
Most of them run fine, but most days we will find at least one that hasn't. It is not the same one each day. The tasks do not overlap, take less than a minute each to run, and they are set to try again three times every five minutes if they fail. The failed ones still fail after the third attempt. If I then run the scheduled task manually it will run fine.

Does anyone know what could be causing this sporadic behaviour?

From the event log we see the following for failed attempts:

Faulting application name: Logicity Desktop.exe, version: 1.8.0.0, time stamp: 0x56fd7c3a
Faulting module name: crxf_pdf.dll, version: 13.0.20.2399, time stamp: 0x58f5e59b
Exception code: 0xc0000094
Fault offset: 0x0004438e
Faulting process id: 0x%9
Faulting application start time: 0x%10
Faulting application path: %11
Faulting module path: %12
Report Id: %13
Faulting package full name: %14
Faulting package-relative application ID: %15
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Intermittent Failure of Scheduled Tasks 25 Nov 2019 14:29 #6831

• bellis
Hmm, I've not ran into that before, first thing I would try would be an upgraded version to see if the problem persists.

My email address is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you can send me an email, I can get you hooked up with a 1.9 key for some testing.

Thanks!
Brian
The administrator has disabled public write access.