TOPIC: Can the port number be configured?

Can the port number be configured? 11 Feb 2010 09:11 #583

• thiemanstamping
We use the free Logicity Desktop on a Windows terminal server and we also use a business system which can be accessed from the same terminal server. Sometimes we get conflicts when Logicity Desktop tries to use a port number that we have allocated to a user/process that is required for our business system.
My question is : "Is it possible to specify the port number used by Logicity Desktop or to define a range of numbers that may be used?"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Can the port number be configured? 11 Feb 2010 13:30 #584

• aellis
Logicity itself doesn't use any ports for communication (that I know of), so what you are probably seeing is your database connection in between your Crystal Report and your database. For example, a Crystal Report using a SQL Server ODBC connection may connect to the database using port 1433 as specified in the ODBC control panel. If you want to make any changes to that, you change it in the ODBC control panel (and possibly on the server) and it uses the new port the next time the report is run without any changes to Logicity.

Hope this helps,
Adam

Re:Can the port number be configured? 12 Feb 2010 11:34 #585

• thiemanstamping
Thank you Adam.
The ODBC DSN was created by my manager so I didn't know how it was configured. I've now changed it so that it does not assign ports dynamically.
Marcus:)