TOPIC: Possible to embed with PHP system ?

Possible to embed with PHP system ? 03 Jul 2010 06:43 #636

• KeithMervine
We are developing PHP webbase system that use 'COM' to control the Cystal Report XI Developer installed on our apache server to export PDF / Excel (Deploy to our customer through browser), however we find that it is not reasonable to install a crystal report writer on our apache server just for export report, we find that your Logicity Pro has command line function, is it possible act as the same way to control it via 'COM' php function ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Possible to embed with PHP system ? 07 Jul 2010 12:44 #637

• aellis
Logicity doesn't have a COM control, but we do have something that might work for you. We used to include with Logicity Pro a program called 'Console Socket Listener' that we dropped out of the installer due to lack of documentation but it is still available upon request. It is console service that you fire up and it listens on port 11000; you pass it the same text as you'd have in a Logicity Solution File and it will execute that action. As a simple example:

- I fire up the service on my laptop.

- I telnet to my laptop, port 11000.

- I paste some text from a valid Logicity Solution File (open in Notepad to see the plain text) into the telnet session:

SaveReport[test]=C:\Documents and Settings\aellis\My Documents\Logicity Weekly Webinar\Report Files\01 - Direct With No Password Needed.rpt?saveas=C:\Documents and Settings\aellis\Desktop\01 - Direct With No Password Needed.pdf&export=Adobe Acrobat (PDF)&

- I close the telnet session and the service executes this action.

This works for E-mail, Print, and Save actions and supports any of the Logicity functionality. You will just need to have a Logicity Pro license to use it. I know that we have used this in a PHP application before (that is why we wrote it). Let me know if you'd be interested and I can give you a direct link for download.

Thanks,
Adam

Re:Possible to embed with PHP system ? 07 Jul 2010 12:47 #638

• aellis
Actually I have to make a quick revision to one of my earlier statements here. It is part of the standard Logicity installed. Look for the file 'ConsoleSocketListener.exe' in your Logicity install directory. That is the program you run to fire up the service.

Re:Possible to embed with PHP system ? 12 Jul 2010 12:06 #640

• KeithMervine
Would you mind please give me a trial version of Logicity Pro ?

Re:Possible to embed with PHP system ? 12 Jul 2010 12:14 #641

• aellis
We do not currently have any way to enable a trial license as our keycodes do not have expiration dates.

Re:Possible to embed with PHP system ? 12 Jul 2010 13:49 #642

• KeithMervine
So we couldn't test it before we purchase it, right ?

Re:Possible to embed with PHP system ? 08 Oct 2014 16:22 #1675

• Andreas.Igel
Hi aellis,

i've got a pro version running on my system and would like to test the socket functionality in a php - script. The triggering via browser is a functionality which is very interesting for a report customer of mine. It would be great if you could post the php - code snippet with which you got it run!

Thanks a lot!

Bye,
Andreas