TOPIC: Failed to open connection. Vendor code: 4060

Failed to open connection. Vendor code: 4060 24 Jan 2011 18:14 #740

• mbowden@tremco_illbruck.c
Hello all and thank you for your help in advance.
I have just installed Logicity 1.5 (the old version) onto my Windows XP SP3 machine to try it out. At first glance everything works but when I try to refresh the report and enternew paramater values I get the error which is attached in the following screenshot. I went hunting on the forums for a little while and got past the issue of the database logon error. My datasource is ODBC for a SQL server. I have checked and re-checked the drivers and the ODBC itself to make sure that is correct. Hoping that someone can help me with this. The Crystal runs with no problems in Crystal 8.5 which is what we use here.
Again, thanks in advance.

Attachment LogiCity_error.doc not found

Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlfrOwelf

Re:Failed to open connection. Vendor code: 4060 24 Jan 2011 19:54 #741

• aellis
Hmm - that is the same kind of error message we'd see when the ODBC DSN name doesn't exactly match what is defined on the Crystal Report. At this point I'd suggest two things (assuming you've confirmed the DSN name is correct):

- If you have access to a newer version of Crystal, try opening the report and saving it in that. There were huge changes in between Crystal 8.5 and 9.0 to the way queries are written and that could very well be the issue/

- You could always try going to Logicity 1.6. I really don't think it will fix this particular issue but there are a bunch of other things it will fix that you may have not ran into yet.

Re:Failed to open connection. Vendor code: 4060 25 Jan 2011 17:11 #742

• mbowden@tremco_illbruck.c
So I have tried what you asked that I do. The DSN on my computer is exactly the same name as the DSN used in the report. I opened and then saved as a new file the report using Crystal Reports 9.0. That gave me the same error as before. Regarding version 1.6 of your software; I tried that initially and when I got the error I am getting now I went looking around and saw the trying version 1.5 might solve some issues due to the fact we use Crystal Reports 8.5. Any other suggestions that I can try?
Thanks,
Patrick

Re:Failed to open connection. Vendor code: 4060 26 Jan 2011 16:28 #744

• aellis
The only other thing I could think of would be, if you are using a System DSN, try switching it to a User DSN and see if that helps. We've seen some Windows permissions issues before where Crystal cannot see the System DSNs. If that doesn't help, all I could think would be to load the full copy of Crystal where you are attempting to use Logicity, run it from there, hit save, and then see if it works in Logicity. At that point you could uninstall Crystal.