TOPIC: Execute RRD opens workspace and nothing happens

Execute RRD opens workspace and nothing happens 06 May 2011 12:25 #792

• Kathi
Hi, I have been using this for about a month now with no problems. Firing off a group of 9 reports with the scheduler.
This morning I come in and the workspace is open and the reports have not been emailed out. When I try to execute manually I get the same result, the workspace opens and sits there. No events in the Event Viewer and no other errors it just doesn't run?
any ideas as to what happened?
any help would be appreciated!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Execute RRD opens workspace and nothing happens 06 May 2011 13:04 #793

• mholbrook
Hi,

Do the reports all have data in the main report? If the reports don't contain data they will not email out. Can you manually send them out without scheduling?

Thanks!
Matt

Re:Execute RRD opens workspace and nothing happens 06 May 2011 13:10 #794

• Kathi
Yes, the reports all have data. It is Time Ticket info and has been working on the weekends even when there is no data in the report.
Yes, I ran the reports this morning by clicking on each of items in the workspace, then send by email, typed in the recipient and sent. The system then logged the times I ran them.

Re:Execute RRD opens workspace and nothing happens 06 May 2011 13:36 #795

• mholbrook
If you go into the windows task scheduler and double click the task does it run? If so, is there any chance your system restarted last night for updates and didn't get logged back in? If it does not fire off from the scheduler I would suggest creating a new scheduled task. Thanks!

Matt

Re:Execute RRD opens workspace and nothing happens 06 May 2011 13:46 #796

• mholbrook
Hello,

Can you try turning Workspace mode off. If you do not have workspace mode on then the action should execute rather than the workspace mode window coming up. Thanks!

Matt

Re:Execute RRD opens workspace and nothing happens 06 May 2011 13:56 #797

• Kathi
wow, how lame was that. yes, the workspace mode button was highlighted, you could hardly tell it was checked. That was definitely the problem.

Thanks for your time Matt