TOPIC: Access Is Denied(Scheduler Error)

Access Is Denied(Scheduler Error) 06 Dec 2011 19:27 #914

• Shoe
Hi,

I keep getting the error message "UnauthorizedAccessException:Access is Denied" when I try to schedule the report.

Please help me...

Thank you,
Manasa
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Access Is Denied(Scheduler Error) 08 Dec 2011 16:30 #916

• timmahan
I was getting the same error UnauthorizedAccessException:Access is Denied. I install Logicity 1.6.0028 free version to test today and I am having a problem. When I was trying with the administrator accont
Logicity Solution Builder
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.
(Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.ComTypes.IPersistFile.Save(String pszFileName, Boolean fRemember)
at Edanmo.TaskScheduler.Task.Save() at Logicity_Solution_Builder.ScheduleForm.bttnOK_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I fixed this problem when I used a different user account. Now I can schedule my reports to run.
Last Edit: 12 Dec 2011 17:26 by timmahan. Reason: Fixed problem

Re:Access Is Denied(Scheduler Error) 02 Jan 2013 21:13 #1252

• aellis
This is quite an old post but I figured I would reply just in case anybody searching ever comes across it. I just ran into this same issue and have noted the following:

1. It seems that some updates to XP may have locked down permissions to the C:\Windows\Tasks folder. A fix was discussed here:

social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-U...d5-80ff-0edf3147c169

2. In my case my user didn't have a password assigned so this fixed it:

www.winhelponline.com/blog/fix-error-0x8...ask-scheduler-in-xp/

Regardless of your conditions, if you are having any troubles scheduling with Logicity try create a scheduled task in Windows Task Scheduler for *anything* (i.e. defrag hard disk) and verify that works. That is all that Logicity is doing and you will likely get a more verbose error message if it fails in Windows Task Scheduler.